The IT department at ReAgent has been busy as we’re currently undergoing a change that will have a big impact on the technology used across the breadth of the company, and this will especially affect the services we are able to offer our customers.
Almost everyone has had some experience of a temperamental internet connection – there can be times when we feel reverting back to a dial-up connection will help us get online faster! We want to avoid future occurrences such as a slow-speed internet or one that shuts down altogether and possibly even cause loss of data.
We believe the changes will help us to be ever more reliable to our customers and will mean we’re available for contact throughout the day, via both internet and phone calls.
New Internet Connection
We’re about to install a dedicated Ethernet over Fibre ‘leased line’ high-capacity broadband link.
A leased line is a permanent, dedicated high performance telecommunications network connection. FCoE (Fibre Channel over Ethernet) describes a storage protocol that enables Fibre Channel communications to run directly over Ethernet at a high-speed. High-capacity services enable you to transfer high volumes of data between sites.
This is a massive investment as we’re committing to a 5-figure sum over the 3 year agreement, but it is one that we believe is definitely worth it, as it will help us to avoid any technical mal-functions.
The new internet connection has a number of benefits to ReAgent as a customer, including;
Vastly improved reliability and support
- 100% Service Level Agreement
- 24/7 technical support
- 24/7 active line management
Vastly increased upload/download speeds
- Dedicated 50MB connection allowing us to download and upload. This will allow us to take a full backup of our website in 5 minutes, which currently takes us around an hour
- Antivirus and anti-malware can update more frequently without impacting on our network
- Remote users can run applications remotely rather than connecting to a spare on-site computer via Remote Desktop. This means that when it’s more convenient for our employees to work from home, this will now be much simpler to achieve
- An automated offsite backup will be created in addition to our on-site backup
New Phone System
Once the new internet connection has been fitted, we will then go on to install a new phone system.
This is a future-proofed solution, and the leased line will allow us to invest in a new VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone system giving a vast array of benefits including:
- Personalised voicemail
- Intelligent call routing
- Call recording
- Remote office
- Detailed reporting
Investments such as these will help to further enrich communication channels with our customers, meaning we can successfully maintain and improve on our already high levels of customer service.
Why not test out our new systems with us? If you have a question on any of the services we offer, contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. You can email us on email@example.com or alternatively, if you’d prefer a chat, call us on 1-800-817-175.